- The John Abbott Lady Islander hockey team (1-3) shutout Andre-Laurendeau 3-0 at home on Saturday night to win their first game in 2015.
- Goalie Karel Sarrazin made 29 stops to record her first shutout of the season.
- Forward Sherry Duncan, Justine Savoie and Nicole Allison all scored goals.
MEN’S BASKETBALL SPLIT
- In the battle for first place on Friday night in St-Lambert the men’s basketball team (10-5) struggled and dropped a 92-55 decision to Champlain College (11-3).
- The Islanders started slowly and fell behind 37-21 at halftime and never recovered.
- Justin Owen Renwick led the Isles with 18 points, Robert Drury chipped in 12 and Keevon Small added 11.
- They were outrebounded 26-22 and had 26 turnovers.
- In St-Lambert the Lady Islanders lost 63-44 to Champlain College who led 25-21 at half-time.
- Latifah Roach led the Lady Isles with 16 points and had 5 rebounds. Alexa Fox had 7 points and Chantelle Haughton pulled a game high 8 rebounds.
GATORADE ISLANDER ATHLETE OF THE WEEK
- The Gatorade Islander athlete of the Week is hockey goalie Karel Sarrazin who made 29 stops to record her first shutout of the season for the Lady Islanders.
JOHN ABBOTT IN ACTION THIS WEEK
|Wed., Feb. 11||20h00||Women’s hockey at Ed-Montpetit||Longueuil|
|Fri., Feb. 13||19h30||Swim team at Outaouais||Gatineau|
|19h00||Women’s basketball at Dawson||Montreal|
|21h00||Men’s basketball at Dawson||Montreal|
|Sun., Feb. 15||9h00||Women’s volleyball tournament||St-Jerome|
|13h30||Women’s hockey at Andre-Laurendeau||LaSalle|