The Hats Off to You! Contest showcases the determination and work of young women enrolled in a vocational or technical training program leading to work in a traditionally male-dominated occupation. This year, the Fédération des cégeps presented a $ 2,000 scholarship to Christine Thibault from JAC’s Police Tech program during a special ceremony held on June 12 at the National Assembly.
The Fédération awards this prize annually to a student from a career program that distinguishes itself by its committed and passionate approach and its reflection on issues related to its field of study. Christine caught the jury’s attention for these reasons, and the fact that she proposes concrete ways to support and integrate women into traditionally male-dominated occupation.
- Final Exams Schedule November 16, 2017
- Seven animated films by JAC students at the Brazil Film Fest Toronto November 2, 2017
- Abbott Team Reviews Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal Piece NŌ MASK OF HANNYA November 1, 2017
- Women’s college hockey stars in action October 26, 2017
- Thousands at John Abbott College October 25, 2017