Students visited the Federal Training Centre in Laval earlier this semester as part of their Fieldwork 1 course. In this course, students visit 6 to 8 different facilities ranging from YMCAs, to the Old Brewery Mission, to federal or provincial prisons and penitentiaries. The Federal Training Centre is a minimum to medium security institution. Students visited cell blocks encompassing individual and group housing, were introduced to the procedures of canine units and prisoner transport, toured the Centre’s grounds, library, and garment work and auto body training centres, and conversed with guards and inmates, many of whom are serving lengthy or life sentences. Teacher Barbara Ruttenberg’s efforts to obtain permission for our students to visit a wide variety of institutions give them an eye-opening introduction to the realities of our correctional system.
- Final Exams Schedule December 5, 2017
- Youth and Adult Correctional Intervention November 29, 2017
- Hall of Distinction November 24, 2017
- Abbott Team Reviews Musée des beaux-arts de Montréal Piece NŌ MASK OF HANNYA November 2, 2017
- Seven animated films by JAC students at the Brazil Film Fest Toronto November 1, 2017