Statement of Purpose
The mission of John Abbott College is to provide an excellent education for our students within a stimulating learning environment that will enhance their development and potential for success in society.
We are committed to:
- Foster in our students the ability to make and articulate informed intellectual, aesthetic and ethical decisions, while demonstrating skills needed for success in modern society.
- Cultivate a love of learning, autonomy and responsible citizenship in our students, both in the classroom and through socio-cultural, leadership, recreational and sports activities.
- Respect and learn from diverse world views and international perspectives, as reflected in our programs, our approach and our community.
- Provide well-rounded and balanced pre-university and career programs that meet high standards of quality and ethical consciousness, and respond to the requirements of universities, employers and society.
- Value excellence in teaching and learning as dynamic and interactive processes.
- Promote lifelong learning and continuous improvement in the College community, with a commitment to innovative pedagogy, effective administration and quality support services.
- Deliver leading-edge training, tailored to the needs of business, industry and other sectors, through our continuing education services and specialized programs.
- Cultivate a safe, caring and challenging learning environment that bolsters self-esteem and promotes a sense of belonging and purpose, mutual respect, and healthy lifestyles, leading students to attain academic, professional and personal success.
- Ensure governance that reflects the active engagement of students, staff and faculty, and places students learning at the centre of our decisions and actions.
- Establish effective partnerships with academic, professional and social communities, to maximize our students’ success and continued growth.