The Pathways to a Career program is a two-semester integration program for students wishing to enter into a Career field at John Abbott College. The program concentrates on preparing students for entrance into a Career program of their choice and gives students the opportunity to learn the necessary skills required to be successful. Students who are undecided about their future have the opportunity to explore a Career program before they make a choice. They can also obtain missing prerequisites or improve their academic record in order to meet entrance requirements for a particular Career program.
In both semesters, students will take General Education courses and a first-year Career program course, any missing prerequisite courses, and a Career Exploration course. The aim of this last course is to help students explore their career interests and to improve their academic skills.
- Students will be required to complete a “Program Change” request online on Omnivox during their second semester to go into the Career program or other program of their choosing the following year.
- Students should contact the Admissions Office to obtain information about entrance requirements and other information related to their intended program of study.
- Change of Program to a Career program requires:
– Satisfactory academic performance
– Successful completion of the Career Explorations course
– Successful completion of prerequisite course(s) if applicable