This one- or two-semester program is designed for students who wish to pursue a diploma in the Sciences, but who lack one or more of the Science prerequisites (Sec. V Math Technical & Scientific Option (064506 or 564506) or Sec. V Math Science Option (065506 or 565506), Sec. V Chemistry and Physics).
In their first semester, students will take not more than six courses: English, Physical Education, Strategies for Success in the Sciences as well as any missing science prerequisites and /or introductory course(s).
- Students who are still missing a prerequisite or prerequisites for the Science program and with a satisfactory academic performance can remain in Pathways to Science for a second semester to complete any missing prerequisites. To remain in Pathways to Science requires:
–Satisfactory academic performance
–Successful completion of the Strategies for Success in the Sciences course
- Students can transfer to the Science program or choose another program at the end of their first semester depending on their performance and interests.
- Students will be required to complete a “Program Change” request online on Omnivox during their first or second semester.
- Change of Program to the regular Science program at the end of the first or second semester requires:
– Satisfactory academic performance
– Science prerequisites obtained
– Successful completion of the Strategies for Success in the Sciences course
Currently: BEng Chemical Engineering, McGill University. Quote: “Pathways really taught me how to stay organized and study well ahead of time for university. The techniques I learned through pathways (study skills and my physics course specifically) were not only used for school, but for everything I did in my daily life.”