Student status definition for students enrolled in a DEC or AEC program
Part-time student: taking less than 180 hours per semester.
Full-time student: taking a minimum of 180 hours in a program per semester.
Note: Full-time students whose attendance is not validated for all courses or who drop a course below the minimum full-time course load, will see their status changed to part-time. Tuition fees will be calculated and charged accordingly.
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 will not show on student transcripts. After the October 1 deadline, a failure (EC/Echec) will appear on the transcript. Not attending classes or notification to the instructor only does not constitute a formal course withdrawal.
To officially withdraw from a course, students must provide a written request which includes their name, student ID and course number via one of the following methods:
- By e-mail to: email@example.com.
- In person, bring in your written request to the Registrar’s Office (H-128)
- By fax 514-457-6812 (Attention: Records Department/Withdrawal)
Note: Full-time DEC students who drop a course below the minimum full-time course load or whose attendance is not confirmed will see their status changed to part-time. Tuition fees will be calculated and charged accordingly.
|Students withdrawing from a credit course before or no later than October 1, 2019 are eligible for refunds as follows:|
|Tuition fee||Full refund before drop deadline / NO REFUND after drop deadline|
|Educational Support fee and Student Services fee and Student Association fee||Full refund before the first scheduled class / 50% refund before drop deadline / NO REFUND after drop deadline|
December 21, 2019, and medical insurance are permitted to register in credit courses. Documentation must be presented prior to registration. For further information, contact the Registrar’s Office at 514-457-6610 x5584. These vary from $30.06/course hour to $46.61/course hour.
- Additional copies of transcripts: a $5.00 fee is charged for a copy of an unofficial transcript.
- Declaration of Attendance documents: a $5.00 fee is charged for a letter of attendance
- Completion of forms other than those required by law: a $10 to $50 fee is charged.