This training is intended to equip nurses with the knowledge-base to effectively and confidently identify and address pain and its management in the geriatric population using best practices.
This course fulfills 4 accredited CE hours for nursing license renewal.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define and assess acute and chronic pain
- Differentiate the different types of pain commonly experienced in geriatric care
- Effectively use different approaches to reduce pain
- Maximize functional abilities and independence for older adults experiencing acute or chronic pain
- Understand non-opioid versus opioid usage
- Provide effective co-analgesic usage
- Provide a model for effective pain management nursing interventions over a 24 hour period.
95$ plus tax, for the 4 hour day
John Abbott College