This training is intended for registered nurses licensed in Quebec who want to increase their knowledge of diseases and conditions frequently seen in the older adult and the how to use the Best Practices approach in Geriatric Nursing to address these issues.
This course fulfills 7 accredited CE hours for nursing license renewal.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define chronic illness.
- Identify the components of assessment of older adults with a chronic illness.
- Identify nursing interventions to maximize functional abilities and independence for older adults with chronic illness.
- Understand Diabetes Type 1 and 2 and provide effective nursing interventions.
- Identify issues that increase fall prevalence in the elderly.
- Understand effective Fall Prevention principles for daily practice.
- Implement an effective Fall Prevention program.
- Identify and address common challenges in the elderly: Incontinence and Constipation.
- Implement a proven and effective constipation protocol.
- Identify strategies in preventing transfers to an acute care hospital using SBAR tools.
$165 plus tax, for the 7 hour day
John Abbott College – Britain Hall building (BH-211)