This training is intended for registered nurses licensed in Quebec who want to increase their knowledge-base of Best Practices in Geriatric Nursing using the AINEES approach to care.
This course fulfills 7 accredited CE hours for nursing license renewal.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define a “new” Specialty: Geriatric Nursing including its person-centered values and care principles.
- Understand the Interdisciplinary Approach to Care: Team work.
- Understand, administer and interpret different standardized and validated “Risk Assessment Scales” (including a new assessment tool called “RADAR” for delirium).
- Address identified risks using a Best Practices Approach to the Nursing Process (including fall prevention, depression, wound risk, cognitive decline, frailty, alcoholism, etc).
- Define and address common pain issues in the elderly including pain management for those with or without dementia.
- Identify and address issues for the 3 “D”s (Dementia, Depression and Delirium).
- Define AINEES and its practice.
- Effectively lead/animate an Interdisciplinary Team meeting.
$165 plus tax, for the 7 hour day