This hands-on training is intended for registered nurses in Quebec who want to increase their knowledge and skill set with the geriatric population in regards to oral and overall
This course fulfills 7 accredited CE hours for nursing license renewal.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define geriatric dentistry.
- Understand the importance of and value of good oral health and how it relates to quality of life.
- Utilize appropriate oral health assessment tools.
- Understand the nature of common medications and how they impact oral health.
- Establish protocol for effective:
- Implementation of effective and efficient oral care.
- Routine performance of a regular mouth care regiment.
- Choose and utilize appropriate dental adjuncts.
- Identify risk factors for oral health.
$165 plus tax, for the 7 hour day
JAC, Stewart East Building