This training is intended for registered nurses licensed in Quebec who work with clients who are elderly or have a geriatric profile and want to enhance their knowledge of the health assessment process and their understanding of charting.
This course fulfills 7 accredited CE hours for nursing license renewal
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- To reinforce the use of a systematic approach to assess the elderly using a best practices approach.
- To recognize that health assessments are a fundamental part of the nurse’s role.
- To promote the nurse’s comfort level when performing a health assessment on the elderly.
- To illustrate how to organize collected data while performing a health assessment.
- To review acquiring accurate vital signs including the (new) fifth vital sign – pain.
- To illustrate and reinforce the importance of charting and its key elements.
- To introduce a charting style, entitled “Focus Charting” to enhance communication and follow-ups.
$165 plus tax, for the 7 hour day
John Abbott College