This training is intended for registered nurses licensed in Quebec who want to better understand the role of the nurse in a long term care setting.
This course fulfills 7 accredited CE hours for nursing license renewal.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe the mission of LTC in the Quebec health system
- Understand the McGill model of nursing approach to long term care
- Describe the multiple roles of the nurse in LTC
- Describe the importance of the therapeutic nursing plan (TNP) in long term care
- Apply the nursing process in LTC
- Understand the need for effective leadership to ensure the highest quality of geriatric nursing for our future health care system
- Conflict resolution (understand basic concepts of)
- Apply basic infection prevention and control measures
165$ plus tax, for the 7 hour day
John Abbott College