This training is intended for registered nurses licensed in Quebec who want to increase their knowledge of the best practices in the care and management of a patient with Dementia.
This course fulfills 7 accredited CE hours for nursing license renewal.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Define dementia
- Recognize the different types of dementia
- Describe the progression of symptoms and causes of dementia
- Understand the what, why and how of person centered care
- Understand responsive behaviours including unmet needs
- Identify effective communication strategies for older adults with cognitive impairments
- Outline the pharmacological and non-pharmacological the care and management of patients with dementia
- Identify the resources and support for patients and family
$165 plus tax, for the 7 hour day
John Abbott College