- AECs (Attestations d’études collégiales) are career-oriented programs specifically designed for adult students. They may be offered on a part-time or full-time basis giving the student the professional tools required to succeed on the job.
Applicants are eligible to register in an AEC program under the following conditions:
- Have a Québec Secondary V Diploma and have interrupted their studies for at least two (2) consecutive semesters or one (1) school year;
- OR have instruction deemed acceptable by the College;
- OR be covered by an agreement between the College and an employer or a government program;
- OR have completed at least one (1) year of post-secondary studies spread over one (1) year or more;
- AND be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident or the holder of a valid Student Visa and provide photocopied proof of eligibility.
Please note: Individual AEC programs may have specific admission requirements.
Change of Program into an AEC
Students who have already taken any of the AEC courses as a part-time Independent (80.02) student can still seek admittance but must complete a “Request for a Change of Program” form and provide relevant documents prior to being admitted into an AEC program.
Applicants are eligible to register in a DEC program under the following conditions:
- Have a Québec Secondary V diploma
- AND have completed the courses: Secondary V Language of Instruction and Second Language; Secondary IV Mathematics, Physical Science and History of Québec and Canada
- OR have a Québec Secondary School Vocational Diploma
- AND have completed the courses: Secondary V Language of Instruction and Second Language and Secondary IV Mathematics
- OR Applicants who have not studied in Québec must have scholarity deemed equivalent by the College.
Please note: Applicants with a certificate other than a Secondary V diploma must have completed the provincial secondary school requirements set by their province or country. Specific program requirements and all other requirements particular to John Abbott College must be met.
Internet Programming and Development (Day full-time) AEC
Graphic & Web Design (Day full-time) AEC
Mobile Application Development (Day full-time) AEC
Network Administration (Day full-time) AEC
Cisco Networking (Evening part-time) AEC
Computerized Financial Management (Day full-time) AEC
Damage Insurance (Evening courses)
Finance (Evening part-time) AEC
Residential Real Estate Brokerage (Day OR Evening full-time) AEC
Commercial Real Estate Brokerage (mornings:Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday)
Nursing Intensive Program (2 years) DEC
Professional Integration into Nursing in Quebec for Internationally-Educated Nurses (Day full-time) AEC
Refresher Program for Registered Nurses (Day full-time) AEC