Program Start Date: To be announced
Day program: 8:30 – 12:30, Monday through Friday
To be contacted once an information session is announced, please sign-up by going to the “Info session” tab below.
In just over 6 months of full-time study, students in the Graphic and Web Design program will acquire the top creative skills reflective of the contemporary aesthetic in demand by today’s powerhouse businesses. They will develop a “designer’s eye,” becoming proficient at the fundamentals of good design for web and print, knowing what looks good and why. Students will also explore branding, product packaging, entrepreneurship, mobile technology, interface design, advertising materials, and much more. Students in the program will master industry-standard software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver) and, guided by teachers working in today’s design industry and a hands-on approach to learning, will be supported in applying design theory to a wide variety of practical projects: flyers, logos, newsletters, e-blasts, social media pages, posters, advertisements, and other in-demand fundamentals.
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- Create, edit, and composite digital photographs
- Create, trace, and modify drawings on the computer for logos and illustrations
- Design and create digital and print publications
- Design and create web sites
- Produce original, attractive documents that enhance the client’s brand image
- Work creatively, with an enhanced aesthetic sensibility
- Work effectively as part of a team and independently
Space in this program will fill up quickly; sign up for an information session and help design your own future.
|412-B13-AB||Digital photo||60 hours|
|412-B15-AB||Page layout||60 hours|
|412-B16-AB||Graphic design concepts||60 hours|
|412-B07-AB||Publication design||60 hours|
|412-B08-AB||Web I||60 hours|
|412-B09-AB||Web II||60 hours|
|412-B10-AB||Web III||60 hours|
|412-B11-AB||Applied graphic design||60 hours|
|412-B12-AB||Design studio||60 hours|
Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 12:30.
6 ½ months
In the winter of 2019, the Government of Canada projected that within 10 years, there would be an increased shortage of graphic designers.
- Fulfill AEC admission requirements
- Submit a CV
- Submit a letter of intent and motivation stating why they believe they are a good candidate for the program
- Be interviewed by the Selection Committee to evaluate the match between candidate’s learning and career goals and the teaching objectives of the program
- Present a portfolio of their creative work at the interview
- Have a working knowledge of English and French
THIS IS A TUITION FEE FREE PROGRAM FUNDED BY THE Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES).
Application fee: $30
Registration fee: $117 per semester (2 semesters)
Books: $400 (approximate cost)
Next Program: To be announced – Day Program (8:30 – 12:30)
|Information Session(s):||To be announced|
|Location:||Brittain Hall building – room to be posted
Please complete the form below if you wish to be contacted once an information session is announced.