Next Programs: March 5, 2018 (MEES funded) – PROGRAM FULL
This is a full-time program that runs for a period of 13 months.
Once you have completed the program, you will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Describe and analyze the internal architecture of a computer;
- Apply basic object-oriented software design development approach;
- Identify and use fundamental web design concepts and terminology;
- Apply cascading style sheet standards for managing the design and formatting of web pages in a web browser;
- Apply client-side scripting in a web browser;
- Create and manage a website for desktop, laptop, tablet and smartphones;
- Effectively use SQL in a variety of database products to query the contents of a relational database;
- Create .NET technology applications;
- Use the appropriate tools to create Visual Basic .NET and C# .NET applications;
- Create an ASP .NET web application that delivers dynamic content to a website;
- Create platform-independent web services;
- Understand and implement basic algorithms using procedural programming;
- Use PHP language to create dynamic web pages with an SQL database backend;
- Implement a native mobile application.
According to Gouvernement du Québec, the job prospects in Québec are good for the 2015-2019 period.
For more information, please click here.
Monday to Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.(including 1-hour dinner break).
The schedule is subject to change without notice.
|Introduction to Computers, the Internet, and the Web||45 hrs|
|HTML & XML||60 hrs|
|Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)||45 hrs|
|Website Design||45 hrs|
|Programming I – Introduction to Programming||45 hrs|
|Programming II – Object-Oriented Programming||60 hrs|
|Programming III – Advanced Java Programming||60 hrs|
|Database I||60 hrs|
|Database II||60 hrs|
|PHP Programming||75 hrs|
|Mobile Applications||60 hrs|
|.NET Programming Fundamentals||45 hrs|
|Visual Basic .NET and C# .NET Windows Development||75 hrs|
|Data Structure and Algorithms||45 hrs|
|Developing ASP .NET Web Applications with ADO .NET||75 hrs|
|Developing Web Services||45 hrs|
|Work Term||270 hrs|
|Total number of hours||1,230 hrs|
THIS IS A TUITION FREE PROGRAM FUNDED BY THE MINISTÈRE DE L’ÉDUCATION, DE L’ENSEIGNEMENT SUPÉRIEUR ET DE LA RECHERCHE (MEES)
- Testing fee: $75
- Application fee – $30.00 ( non-refundable )
- Registration – $117.00 per semester (3 semesters)
- Books – $1000.00 (approx.)
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR BOTH GROUPS:
- Fulfill AEC Admission Requirements
- Written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of French an asset
- Testing required:
- Knowledge of computer fundamentals
- Logic and problem-solving skills
- Interview by the admissions committee
|Next Program:||March 5, 2018 (MEES funded) – PROGRAM FULL|
|Location:||Brittain Hall building/John Abbott College
Room: to be posted
Please complete the following information form if you wish to be contacted when a new program start date is announced.