The program graduate will be able to apply for a job as a member of a Network Administration Team with excellent opportunities for advancement.
NEXT PROGRAM START DATE: T.B.A.
To be contacted once an information session is announced, please sign-up by going to the “Info session” tab below.
The program encompasses the major Network technologies found in today’s company networks and trains students to be network professionals. Graduates will be qualified to work as Network Administrators understanding different network protocols, installing network software, troubleshooting and managing a network , as well as responding to the user’s needs.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate the network needs of a business.
- Plan, design and propose hardware and software components for a PC based Computer Network System in accordance with the specific needs of a business.
- Implement and configure a PC based Computer Network System based the specific needs of a business.
- Interact with the Technical Support Team of a business computer network.
- Guide and assist the Technical Support Team throughout the installation and troubleshooting phases of a business computer network.
- Administer a PC based Network system for a business.
- Propose an appropriate PC based security system for a business computer network and assist in its configuration and installation.
- Analyse the job function of a Network Administrator.
- Communicate in English in a networking environment.
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving in a networking environment.
- Manage PC based Network operating systems.
- Summarize the internal working of a PC type computer.
- Manage a server.
- Install and maintain network software.
- Respond to user needs in a PC based Network environment.
- Apply network routing configurations and protocols.
- Implement Network security.
- Apply presentation techniques and job search skills.
- Apply knowledge and skills related to Network Administration disciplines in a business environment
According to the Government of Canada, the employment outlook for network administrators in the Montreal region is good for the 2014—2016 period. Over the next few years, labour requirements will result primarily from employment growth, which will be significantly higher than that for all occupations. There are recruitment problems in this occupation because of the limited pool of available qualified workers, resulting from a buoyant labour market for this occupation and a decrease in the number of graduates of training programs in the past few years. These problems will make it easier for college and university graduates to enter the labour market.
Source :Government of Canada Job Bank / Occupation : Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers (Release date: 2015-05-29)
For more information in the job outlook, please consult the following website: www.jobbank.gc.ca.
Examples of Occupational Titles:
. System Administrator
. Server Administrator
. Computer Network Technician
. Network Administrator
|420-E03-AB||Intro to Network Administration||45|
|420-Z24-AB||Business Communication Skills and Job Search||60|
|420-E35-AB||PC Work Station||75|
|420-E78-AB||Network Installation & Administration: I||120|
|420-E68-AB||Network Operating System: Unix||120|
|420-E88-AB||Network Installation & Administration: II||120|
- Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (including 1-hour lunch break)
- 14 months including a 10 week work term in industry
- Secondary V or equivalent diploma
- Mathematics 536 or Math. TS5 or SN5 or equivalent
- Aptitude test on logical problem solving and computer knowledge
- Working knowledge of French an asset
- Interview by the admission committee to evaluate the match between the candidates’ learning and career goals and the teaching objectives of the program AND
- Fulfill AEC Admission Requirements
THIS IS A TUITION FEE FREE PROGRAM FUNDED BY THE Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES).
- Testing fee: $75
- Application fee: $30
- Registration fee: $117 per semester (4 semesters)
- Books: $800 – $1000
Please complete the following form to be contacted once the next Information Session has been determined.