The program graduate will be able to apply for work in a variety of areas related to technical support, including help desk, network support, database administration, telephony support, internet support and hardware specialist.
Next program start date: October 22, 2018
This program is funded by Emploi-Québec. Please visit your local “Centre Local d’Emploi”, and provide contract no. 570083-0 to your agent. A referral from Emploi-Québec is required to be considered for this program. Note: priority will be given to candidates accepted through the Gouvernement du Québec (Emploi-Québec).
To be contacted once we begin to accept applications, please sign-up for the next Information Session by going to the “Info session” tab below.
- Install hardware and software.
- Set-up, maintain, troubleshoot and repair a computer work station.
- Work with a network administrator and other members of a support team.
- Maintain a help desk and provide customized services.
- Provide technical assistance per needs in a business environment.
- Analyse the job function of a computer support technician.
- Communicate in English in a business environment.
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving in a PC technical support environment.
- Utilize Microsoft Office applications.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues for end users.
- Install and configure client operating systems.
- Apply networking principles in a simulated business environment.
- Apply IP telephony principles in a simulated business environment.
- Apply presentation techniques and job search skills.
- Apply knowledge and skills related to PC Technical Support disciplines in a business environment.
According to Emploi-Québec, the job prospects in Quebec are good for the 2015-2019 period.
For more information, please click here.
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (including 1-hour lunch break)
The schedule is subject to change without notice
|Course Number||Course Title||Hours|
|420-D13-AB||Introduction to the Program||45|
|420-D33-AB||Operating System: DOS Powershell||45|
|420-D43-AB||Operating System: Windows||45|
|420-DA6-AB||Introduction to Linux||90|
|420-D63-AB||Introduction to the Internet||45|
|420-DC5-AB||Networking II Windows Server||75|
|420-DD3-AB||The Art of Technical Support||45|
|420-Z03-AB||Presentation Techniques & Job Search||45|
- 3 semesters (12 months)
This program is funded by Emploi-Québec. Please visit your local “Centre Local d’Emploi”, and provide contract no. 570083-0 to your agent. A referral from Emploi-Québec is required to be considered for this program. If you are not eligible with Emploi-Quebec, see note at bottom (of Information Session).
- Fulfill AEC Admission Requirements
- Written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of French an asset
- Testing required:
- Knowledge of computer fundamentals
- Logic and problem-solving skills
- Interview by the admissions committee
|Next Program:||October 22, 2018
|Information Session(s):||Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 2:00 p.m.|
|Location:||Brittain Hall – BH-211