Space is limited. Register early to avoid disappointment.
|Course Title||ITIL® 2011 Foundation (Section 1)
|Course Number||900-016-EQ /1|
|Emploi-Québec fee (taxes incl.)
|General Public fee (taxes incl.)
|Schedule||Saturday & Sunday
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Lunch 45 minutes
|Dates||September 16, 17, 23, 30|
|Prerequisites||6 months working with/or in the IT industry|
|Target Audience||Those who work with/ or in the IT industry, want to achieve ITIL Foundation Certification and want to learn best practices for IT Service Management through ITIL training.|
|Location||Brittain Hall – BH-211|
NB: This is a non-credit course. Certificate provided for all participants who have completed 80% of course hours.
The following textbook is mandatory – please purchase it prior to the start of the course:
Passing Your ITIL Foundation Exam: 2011 Edition Paperback – Feb 1 2012
The ITIL® 2011 Foundation course is the entry level certification course for IT Service Management Best Practices training in ITIL®. The course introduces the principles and core elements of IT service management (ITSM) based on ITIL. ITIL is comprised of five lifecycle stages: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service. Students who have attended this course are suitably prepared to take the associated ITIL® Foundation certification test.
Topics Covered in this Course
- Identify the principles and concepts of IT Service Management based on ITIL®.
- Identify the best practices of implementing ITIL in an organization.
- Define the terminology used in ITIL®
- Identify the core concepts and definitions used in the Service Lifecycle.
- Define the roles, processes, and components within key areas of IT Service Management based on ITIL®
- Define Service Strategy concepts and processes
- Define Service Design concepts and processes
- Define Service Operations concepts and processes
- Define Service Transition concepts and processes
- Define Continual Service Improvement concepts and processes
- Prepare to take the ITIL® 2011 Foundation Certification exam