Online registration opens on Monday, August 17, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
(Note : All Fall 2020 courses will be delivered online)
Further to Premier Francois Legault’s announcement, John Abbott College remains closed for on-site classes.
The College is still in operation and all employees are working from home to ensure services are maintained to the extent possible. We invite you to visit the John Abbott College website for daily updates.
- Determine if you are eligible for the subsidized rate of $2 per hour.
|Eligible Participants||Non-Eligible Participants|
Although individuals in the Greater Montreal area (Montréal, Laval, Laurentides, Lanaudière et Montérégie) are eligible to take these courses, individuals who live and/or work on the Island of Montreal have priority.
Participants cannot be registered in more than two (2) courses AT THE SAME TIME. However, a subsidized participant may apply for as many courses as they wish over the course of the year, just not more than two (2) simultaneously.
No more than three (3) employees from the same company may be registered in any one course at the same time.
Window Server Administration
|Windows Server 2019||35 hours||$ 70||September 12|
|Windows Operating System||30 hours||$ 60||September 13|
|Windows Server 2019 – Active Directory||35 hours||$ 70||October 24|
|Exchange Server 2016||42 hours||$ 84||November 28|
|Windows Security – Introduction||30 hours||$ 60||November 14|
|Computer System Security||45 hours||$ 90||October 13|
|Management and Processing of Big Data I||48 hours||$ 96||September 12
|Management and Processing of Big Data II||45 hours||$ 90||November 7
|Processing of Big Data with SPARK||24 hours||$ 48||January 9
|Big Data: Reporting and Prediction||45 hours||$ 90||September 15
|Data Science – Level 1 – Section 1||24 hours||$ 48||November 3|
|Data Science – Level 1 – Section 2||24 hours||$ 48||November 2|
|Data Science – Level 2||24 hours||$ 48||November 26|
|NO SQL with Mongo DB||35 hours||$ 70||September 30|
Databases (“SQL Series”)
|SQL – Introduction||24 hours||$ 48||September 9
|SQL – Intermediate||24 hours||$ 48||September 30
|SQL – Advanced||24 hours||$ 48||October 28
|SQL – Analysis Services (SSAS)||24 hours||$ 48||November 18
|SQL – Integration Services (SSIS) – Introduction||21 hours||$ 42||December 7
Linux System Administration
|Linux Operating System||40 hours||$ 80||September 22|
|Python – Level 1 – section 1||24 hours||$ 48||September 8|
|Python - level 1 – section 2||24 hours||$ 48||September 9|
|Python – Level 2– section 1||24 hours||$ 48||October 6|
|Python – Level 2- section 2||24 hours||$ 48||October 4|
|Python – Level 3||30 hours||$ 60||November 25|
|Project Management (MS Project)||66 hours||$ 132||TBC
|VMware||36 hours||$ 72||September 14|
|VBA for Excel||27 hours||$ 54||October 20
***Schedule subject to change***
The above part-time IT specialized courses are popular and have very limited spaces available. Register early to avoid disappointment. Please refer back to the website often for regular updates & information and Gouvernement du Québec specific eligibility requirements. If you experience technical problems with our online registration module for part-time IT courses, please call 514-457-5036 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I register?
Carefully read the eligibility requirements above. If you are ELIGIBLE for the course at the rate of $2/hr:
For each course for which you register:
- Select the course found in the Schedule tab
- On the course page, click on the “REGISTER” button. This will take you to Mia, the online registration module
- In the left-hand column, select #2 “PART-TIME IT COURSES (SERVICES QUÉBEC)”
- Select the course from the resulting list
- Select “Add to cart”
- Select “Confirm registration and go to payment”
- Login to your Omnivox account with your email address and password. (if you do not have an account, select “First-time Access” to create on and fill in the required information in order to use the system for the first time)
- Complete the Admissions Form
- Proceed to the payment for your course by credit card (Visa or MasterCard)
- A “Web registration receipt” will appear (you will receive this by e-mail as well)
- In order to complete your registration, you MUST fill out the form required by the Gouvernement du Québec (a link to the form is provided in your e-mail receipt)
- NOTE: Your form will not be submitted until you have clicked on the “Confirm your answers” button at the end of the process
Upon receipt of your registration, the Centre for Continuing Education will review your registration form to confirm your eligibility.
If it is determined that you are not eligible for the subsidized rate of $2/hr, the Centre for Continuing Education will contact you. You will be required to pay the fee that is applicable to the General Public (see the course description) OR you may withdraw from the course with no penalty and a complete refund of any payment will be mailed to you.
If you are NOT ELIGIBLE for the course at the rate of $2/hr
Please note that priority is given to participants who meet the eligibility criteria. However, there may be space available to the General Public, at an additional cost (see course description for the exact cost). If you are interested in taking a course and you know in advance that you do not meet the eligibility criteria, please follow the steps above. Note:
- You will still need to complete the mandatory form required by the Gouvernement du Québec, in order for your registration to be processed
- In this form, respond “NO” to the question “I meet the eligibility requirements…”. You will be redirected to the end of the form
- The Centre for Continuing Education will review your form and the registration module will apply the non-subsidized cost for the course (General Public fee) to your Omnivox account
- You will be notified by e-mail to proceed to the online registration module, to pay your balance
- The Centre for Continuing Education will confirm receipt of your application form and payment via email
- You will receive an email approximately 5 working days before the class starts, providing all course details including class location
- You cannot register for more than 2 courses AT THE SAME TIME. However, a subsidized participant can apply for as many courses as they wish over the course of the year, just not more than 2 simultaneously
- We cannot accept more than three employees from the same company in the same course
- The cost of manuals or textbooks is not included in the course fees, unless otherwise indicated.
- Taxes are included in course fees.
Class size is limited. Register early to avoid disappointment.
Call 514-457-5036 for more information
- Full refund 7 days or more before the first scheduled class
- No refund 6 days before the first scheduled class
For withdrawal requests, all applicants are required to notify the Centre for Continuing Education in writing, as soon as possible at: email@example.com.