About Student Success Services
The Student Success Office was established within Student Services, under the umbrella of the Learning Centre, as part of a college-wide plan to increase student success and retention.
The Student Success Animator works with the College community toward providing outreach programs and services to students, parents, faculty and staff.
Programs and Services
The Student Success Office offers programs and services designed to support and assist the first semester student in making the transition to a college environment. Services and programs include:
- Providing Learning Skills Workshops
- Bridging the High School – CEGEP transitional gap
- Welcoming orientation for students living away from home
- Extending orientation sessions through class visits to provide pertinent information and links to a broad range of services
- Intervention programs to identify and assist at-risk students; Early Alert and Mid Semester review programs
- Courtesy check-in call to new students at mid-semester
- One-on-one consultation for skill development, success strategies, and information about College services
Parents play an important role in student success. Outreach to parents of new students includes a mailing in the fall semester with information aimed at easing the transition to college. Parents are invited to direct their concerns or questions to the Student Success Animator.
Faculty and Staff
The Student Success Office is also a resource for teachers and provides support and assistance in addressing problems that may interfere with a student's academic performance. The Animator is also involved with professional development activities for faculty working with college-wide committees toward the creation of new strategies for student success.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 514-457-6610, local 5286