IF you receive a bomb threat:
- Remain calm, polite and courteous;
- Do not interrupt the caller.
Obtain as much information as possible by asking the following questions:
- Location of the bomb
- When is it set to go off
- Why has it been set
- What kind of bomb is it
- What is your name?
- Wording of the Threat
- Gender of caller
- Background noise
- Length of the call
- Number where the call was received
After the call – Contact Campus Security Immediately
- AVOID ALL CELL PHONE USE
- DO NOT SET OFF THE FIRE ALARM
- To avoid panic and misinformation, do not spread this information to colleagues
- Remain at your desk until Campus Security or the Police arrive
Follow the instructions given to you.