If you are inside a building during an earthquake:
- Stay inside; do not run or panic.
- Immediately take cover under a desk, against a corridor wall or between seating rows in classroom.
- Do not go into a doorway.
- Move away from danger areas: Windows, hanging objects, tall unsecured furniture and lab equipment containing hazardous chemicals. Watch for falling objects.
- Protect your head and face
- Stay under cover until shaking stops.
- Follow the tremors or when order to do so, proceed to an EVACUATION
If you are outside during an earthquake:
- Stay outside.
- Move to an open area away from building, trees, overhead wires and other hazards.
After the earthquake:
- If you are able, be of assistance to persons in need
- If you encounter an injured person or you are injured yourself, contact Campus Security
- Once outside, go to the designated gathering points
- Stay in groups, at least 30 metres from the building and wait for further information.