Before you leave for your adventure to Montreal, you probably have many questions – here are some answers:
General information for international students:
- The temperature in Montreal in the summer can climb up to +35°C without factoring in humidity; make sure to pack suitable clothing
- Electric appliances in Canada run on 120 volts with a 60-cycle alternating current
- Here are a list of restrictions at the border upon entering Canada
- You have been automatically enrolled in John Abbott College’s health insurance policy for international students. Here is a link to the digital Group Insurance Policy to familiarize yourself.
- Spend time with and get to know your homestay family; they have welcomed you into their home to will treat you as a member of their family
- You will take part in an orientation session which will give you general and academic orientation, bring you on a tour of our campus and feed you lunch
- Although you might find yourself feeling homesick, homestay families as well as the services and welcoming community at John Abbott College help students feel supported and as if they are at a home away from home.
- Advocate for yourself. You will become increasingly comfortable communicating your questions or concerns.