|Course Title||Python – Level 3
|Gouvernement du Québec fee (taxes incl.)
|General Public fee (taxes incl.)
|Schedule||Tuesday & Thursday: see schedule of dates / times below|
|Dates||March 31; April 23, 28 – 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
April 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21 – 6:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
|Prerequisites||Python – Level II|
|Target Audience||Students interested in exploring the relationship between Python and web development, as well as exploring basic GUI concepts.|
NB: This is a non-credit course. Certificate provided for all participants who have completed 80% of course hours.
No textbook is required for this course.
This course is a continuation of the courses Python level I and level II. Students explore several programming topics and their implementation using the Python programming language ,
Students will be introduced to simple GUI (Graphic User Interface) topics, web development with a Python framework and a brief introduction to web services.
Topics Covered in this Course:
- Introduction to basic GUI programming and concepts
- Drawing basic objects in a canvas
- Working with event listeners
- Mouse and Keyboard events
- Working with timers and callback functions
- Moving objects across the canvas
- Simple labels and text objects
- Introduction to Django and backend web programming in Python
- Understanding the MVC architecture
- Using templates
- Introduction to web services in Python