DEDICATED TO THE EMPOWERMENT OF OUR STUDENTS
ACCESS CENTRE MANDATE
To collaborate with teachers, staff, and outside agencies in order to assist students who have been diagnosed with neurological, physical, and/or psychological conditions that require accommodations.
Our team is dedicated to the empowerment of our students. Our goal is to help our students become autonomous and self-regulated learners in preparation for their future academic, professional, social, and personal endeavours.
WHO WE SUPPORT
Students who present appropriate documentation* addressing disabilities such as:
· Mental Health Disorders
· Hearing and Visual Impairments
· Physical Disabilities
· Learning Disabilities
· Neurological Disabilities
· Medical Conditions
* Type of appropriate documentation includes: full medical, psychiatric, and or psycho-educational assessment.
· Individualized assessment of academic needs
· Emergency evacuation protocol
· Priority registration
· Study skills strategies
· Exam invigilation
· Online exam booking module
· Note taking services
· Time management strategies
· Differentiated learning materials
· Specialized equipment and software
· Special Education Technician for Individualized English Language Needs
Students who require special accommodations are invited to meet with the Access Centre staff in order to fill out an intake form.
The documentation provided by the student will be analyzed so as to determine the appropriate accommodations.
Please feel free to contact us:
Access Centre H-129