About the First-Year College Experience Office
The First-Year College Experience Office is part of a College-wide plan to increase academic success and retention.
The Education Advisor works with the College community toward providing outreach programs and services to students, parents, faculty and staff.
Programs and Services
The Office offers programs and services designed to support and assist the first semester student in making the transition to a college environment. Services and programs include:
- Bridging the high school – CEGEP transitional gap
- Welcoming orientation for all new students
- Extended orientation sessions through class visits to provide pertinent information and links to a broad range of supportive services
- Intervention programs to identify and assist at-risk students; Early Alert and Mid Semester review programs
- Courtesy check-in calls to new students at mid-semester
- One-on-one consultation for program planning, success strategies, and information about College services
Parents play an important role in student success. Outreach to parents of new students includes a mailing in the fall semester with information aimed at easing the transition to college. Parents are invited to direct their concerns or questions to the Education Advisor.
Faculty and Staff
The First-Year College Experience Office is also a resource for teachers and provides support and assistance in addressing problems that may interfere with a student’s academic performance.
Phone: 514-457-6610 x5286
For new students:
Message in Omnivox (MIO): First-Year College Experience