The Language Resource Centre is a quiet study area for students taking a language course at the College. Students have access to 33 networked computers, many in study cubicles, headsets with recording function and multilingual keyboards formatted for all the language course material and more.
The study area is located in Penfield-006 and is beside the 2 multi-media computer language labs (P-008 & P-022).
- All of the course material used in the computer language labs is available in the study area on the student computers.
- Audio-visual programs for French, Spanish, Italian, German and Mandarin with course texts and answers for improving comprehension and grammar skills.
- Interactive computer programs to develop reading, writing, speaking and comprehension skills.
- Internet-based language programs allowing students to study anywhere, anytime by purchasing a 4-month license for a nominal fee.
- The Antidote computer program combines grammar, spellcheck, dictionary and guides that correct as you write.
- Pronunciation Power 1 & 2 has interactive lessons and exercises to hear and produce the 52 sounds of English.
- The Acting with an accent audio program is available to Theatre students to perfect their stage voice.
- A variety of dictionaries for reference or to borrow with a JAC id card.
- A group study room.
For more information join the Language Resource Centre community on My JAC Portal
514.457.6610 extension 5501