|Course Title||SQL Data Quality Services (DQS)
|Gouvernement du Québec fee (taxes incl.)
|General Public fee (taxes incl.)
|Dates||March 30, April 6, 13|
|Prerequisites||SQL Level 2 or working knowledge of relational databases (database design skills)|
|Target Audience||Data quality is one of the common challenges in every database system, especially when data comes from different kinds of sources.
This course will explain the concept of data quality through a new Microsoft engine for data cleansing named Data Quality Services.
|Location||Brittain Hall – BH-214|
NB. This is a non-credit course.
SQL Server Data Quality Services (DQS) enables you to cleanse, match, standardize, and enrich data, so you can deliver trusted information for business intelligence, a data warehouse, and transaction processing workloads.
By the end of this course, you will have good understanding of the most common challenges in data quality and you will also learn how to design and implement a solution with Data Quality Services to overcome these challenges and provide better data quality for the data warehouse.
Topics Covered in this Course:
Module 1: Introducing Data Quality Services
• Unit 1: SQL Server Data Quality Services (DQS) & Master Data Services (MDS)
• Unit 2: Prerequisites and Setup
• Unit 3: Configure MDS using Master Data Services Configuration Manager
• Unit 4: Setting up the Database and Website
Module 2: A Knowledge-Driven Solution
• Unit 1: Deploying Sample Models and Data
• Unit 2: Install and Configure DQS using Data Quality Server Installer
• Unit 3: Install Master Data Services Add-in for Excel
• Unit 4: Creating DQS Knowledge Base
Module 3: Data Cleansing
• Unit 1: Cleansing Data using Knowledge Base
• Unit 2: Matching Data to Remove Duplicates Values
• Unit 3: Storing Data in MDS
• Unit 4: Reference Data Services in DQS
Required Text / Course Materials
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Business Intelligence Development Beginner’s Guide, Reza Rad, ISBN: 978-1-84968-888-8, Copyright © 2014 Packt Publishing
Please note that the instructor reserves the right to modify this schedule
|Day 1||Module 1|
|Day 2||Module 2|
|Day 3||Module 3|