FAQs Academic Advising
- Academic Advisors help students understand diploma requirements and plan their course selection each semester to ensure they will graduate in a timeframe that works for them;
- Academic Advisors advise students who have fallen behind and need help planning their courses, including summer school and/or inter-session courses;
- Academic Advisors help identify university and vocational program entrance requirements;
- Academic Advisors help students who want to change their program consider the various options within the CEGEP system.
- Academic Advisors should not be confused with Counsellors. John Abbott College has a dedicated team of Counsellors who offer both Psychological & Career Counselling.
Once the semester has started, students can connect with an Academic Advisor in a variety of ways:
- Quick Advising