FAQs Housing Services
- regular two bedroom apartment $475 / person per month
- larger two bedroom apartment $496 / person per month
- deluxe two bedroom apartment $522 / person per month
- single room in a two bedroom apartment $522 / person per month
- twin bed and matress
- broom and dustpan
- desk chair
- wet mop & bucket
- adequate dresser room
- dining table
- ample shelf space
- dining chairs
- four-burner stove top
- lounge chairs
- microwave oven
- 17 cu. ft. fridge
- coffee table
- overhead lighting
- telephone & internet connection
- Videotron cable television connection
Adapting to the current situation, the following is the latest information regarding our on-campus housing for the fall 2021 semester in regards to the current pandemic.
Prior to the pandemic, our apartment complex can accommodate up to 191 students in 53 apartments. The apartments have a shared bathroom, kitchen and living room for 4 students. Each apartment has two bedrooms, therefore, two students per bedroom.
Students who lived in residence in 2020-2021 have priority for the upcoming fall semester.
To date, we have received specific directives from Public Health and/or the Ministry regarding school residences. Rest assured, we continue to do everything in our power to ensure the wellbeing of students while providing a sense of community and a full learning experience.
Current situation summary:
- Given the current situation, to enables us to respect social distancing recommendations we will keep the number of occupants down to one student per bedroom, two per apartment. Thus, we will only be accommodating approximately 95 students in the residence.
- New regulations for the duration of the pandemic:
- No guests will be permitted at any time;
- There will be no access to common rooms or the gym at any time;
- One tenant can use the laundry room at a time;
- No gatherings or visiting other apartments at any time.
These regulations are subject to change without notice to respect guidelines issued by Public Health and/or the Ministry.
- We are offering some flexibility to returning students should they wish to cancel their lease once they have finalized their schedule as they may no longer need to live on campus.
- Once we have all returning student’s confirmations, we will know if we can accept new students. In the meantime, new applicants will be placed on the waitlist.
Here is the link to our off-campus listing: https://www.johnabbott.qc.ca/services-to-students/housing-services/off-campus/
The information provided on the online housing list has been provided by private landlords that are not associated with John Abbott College.
The accommodations have not been inspected by John Abbott College and the College takes no responsibility as to the accuracy of the information posted or the suitability of the accommodation for student use.
John Abbott College assumes no responsibility in regard to any lease made with the landlord or any arrangements made by students sharing the accommodation.
Students are advised to meet with the owner and inspect the premises before signing a lease.