Sports & Recreation – VOH
We oversee extracurricular sports activities for our students. There are varsity teams which compete in the RSEQ/CCAA leagues. There are also tournament teams and intramural activities for students and staff.
It adds to the overall student experience at JAC. Our student athletes show better engagement and benefit from additional academic support. Over 60% of our student athletes have an average over 80%.
Most teams have open tryouts once classes start. Our tryouts page has all the start dates and the coaches contact info http://sportsandrecreation.johnabbott.qc.ca/tryouts/
There are 19 teams currently: BASEBALL BASKETBALL – Men & Women FLAG FOOTBALL FOOTBALL GOLF – Men & Women HOCKEY - Women LACROSSE RUGBY – Men & Women SOCCER – Men & Women SWIMMING – Men & Women VOLLEYBALL – Men & Women CROSS COUNTRY – Men & Women
Fees vary by sport; a full list is available upon request.
- Academic Advising – VOH
- Academic Success Centre – VOH
- Access Centre – VOH
- Admissions – VOH
- Financial Assistance – VOH
- First-Year College Experience – VOH
- Health and Wellness Centre – VOH
- Housing Services – VOH
- Indigenous Student Resource Centre – VOH
- Library Media Services – VOH
- Psychological & Career Counselling – VOH
- Sandbox – VOH
- Sports & Recreation – VOH
- Sports Centre – VOH
- Student Activities – VOH
- Student Diversity & Inclusion Office – VOH
- SUJAC – VOH
- Sustainability – VOH