Students visited the Federal Training Centre in Laval earlier this semester as part of their Fieldwork 1 course. In this course, students visit 6 to 8 different facilities ranging from YMCAs, to the Old Brewery Mission, to federal or provincial prisons and penitentiaries. The Federal Training Centre is a minimum to medium security institution. Students visited cell blocks encompassing individual and group housing, were introduced to the procedures of canine units and prisoner transport, toured the Centre’s grounds, library, and garment work and auto body training centres, and conversed with guards and inmates, many of whom are serving lengthy or life sentences. Teacher Barbara Ruttenberg’s efforts to obtain permission for our students to visit a wide variety of institutions give them an eye-opening introduction to the realities of our correctional system.
- A special thank you, Dementia talk June 6, 2019
- JAC CHEMISTRY TEACHER RECIPIENT OF THE 2019 SALTISE BEST PRACTICES AND PEDAGOGICAL AWARD June 5, 2019
- Foundation Golf tournament – June 11, 2019 May 28, 2019
- Appointment of the Director General of the Centre d’expertise et de recherche appliquée en sciences pharmaceutiques (CERASP) May 27, 2019
- DID YOU REGISTER? May 21, 2019