Orientation is a 3-hour information session held August 16-20 for new students. It is designed to give students the information they need to prepare for college studies.
All new students will be receiving further information about orientation in June on Omnivox.
WHAT HAPPENS AT ORIENTATION?
- You will familiarize yourself with John Abbott College and will be prepared to become a successful student at the College.
- You will pick up your free John Abbott Agenda book.
- You will find out more about the campus facilities, services, activities and resources available.
- You will be able to buy your books (cash, Master Card, VISA or debit cards) at the Bookstore. Costs vary by courses/programs. You must know
your student I.D. number.
- You will have the opportunity to talk with students, teachers and staff members about what you are looking forward to or what you are concerned about as you start CEGEP.
The First-Year College Experience Office, located in the Herzberg building, room H-119, is responsible for developing programs that assist first-year students in their transition from high school to CEGEP. The Education Advisor works with the College community toward providing outreach programs and services to students, parents, faculty and staff. An open-door concept, students are encouraged to drop by the office with their questions or send a message in Omnivox (MIO) to First-Year College Experience Office when needed. Parents are welcomed to contact the Education Advisor at email@example.com or 514-457-6610 ext. 5286.