DEDICATED TO THE EMPOWERMENT OF OUR STUDENTS
To collaborate with teachers, staff, and outside agencies in order to assist students who have been diagnosed with sensory, neurological, physical, and/or psychological conditions that require accommodations.
Our team is dedicated to the empowerment of our students. Our goal is to help our students become autonomous and self-regulated learners in preparation for their future academic, professional, social, and personal endeavours.
Students who present appropriate documentation* addressing disabilities such as:
· Mental Health Disorders
· Hearing and Visual Impairments
· Physical Disabilities
· Learning Disabilities
· Neurological Disabilities
· Medical Conditions
* Type of appropriate documentation includes: full medical, psychiatric, and or psycho-educational assessment.
John Abbott College is committed to ensuring that all students have equal access to its programs and services. If you are requesting accommodations, you can print this form Student Accommodation Request Form, complete it and return it along with supporting documentation:
By mail: Access Centre, John Abbott College, 21 275 lakeshore, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue (Quebec) H9X 3L9
By Email: email@example.com
Or you can fill and submit the online form below.
*The form does not work with the browser Internet Explorer
The documentation provided by the student will be analyzed so as to determine the appropriate accommodations.
DEADLINES to request accommodations
- Students admitted for August (Fall entry) – due June 1.
- Students admitted for January (Winter entry) – due January 1.
· Individualized assessment of academic needs
· Emergency evacuation protocol
· Priority registration
· Study skills strategies
· Exam invigilation
· Online exam booking module
· Note taking services
· Time management strategies
· Differentiated learning materials
· Specialized equipment and software
FAQs Access Centre
Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Access Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to contact us:
Access Centre H-129