The following students are required to write the English Placement Test:
- Students coming from a French high school
- Students with a 79% and lower mark for Secondary IV English (632-406 or 630-416)
- Students who graduated from a Quebec high school more than 2 years ago and have not attended school since
- Students who have taken English through Adult Education
- Students who graduated from a high school outside of Quebec
- Essay (students write a response to a brief text): test length-approx.
30 minutes to complete
- The placement test will be offered online only.
- Students will receive information from the Registrar’s Office about how to access the test.
- The test will be offered in June/July for Fall entrance and in January for the Winter semester.
- The test will be accessible for several weeks allowing students to complete the test at their convenience.